Join Me for the Summer Stitch Along!
Below you'll find our free pattern to stitch this botanical beauty. The design involves 10 stitches, from easy to more advanced but everyone can join in, from beginners to pros!
If you'd like to join us, over the next few weeks starting on 22nd June, every weekend I'll be sharing a video on Instagram and Facebook, showing you how to stitch each botanical element. I'll also be covering how to transfer the design onto your fabric and how to frame your finished piece.
I'm hoping this will be the perfect project to take with you on your summer adventures and that we can learn together and share our work #summerstitchalong.
You can stitch the sampler in any colour combination with the threads you already have in your stash but, if you'd like to use the colours I have, you can find everything in our shop or we have a special bundle with all the supplies I'm using. If you are using your own supplies, you'll need:
- A4 sized piece of fabric (approx 21x30cm or 8.3x11.7 inches. I like to have 2 so I can double up for extra stability)
- 7 colours of stranded cotton embroidery thread (or you could use more or less, depending on what you fancy). I used DMC 791, 825, 834, 321, 415, 680 and Blanc). We'll be using 2 strands for most of the stitches.
- A hoop to embroider (I like to use a 5" one)
- A way to transfer the pattern (I've been using an iron-on pen but if your fabric is light enough you can trace it)
- An emboidery needle (I like a size 7)
- An oval hoop to mount the finished piece (12.5x23cm)
- A printed copy of the pattern below
- embroidery scissors
I really hope you'll join me in this Summer stitch-along! Please get in touch if you have questions.