This is a gorgeous nature-inspired embroidery sampler by artist Jenny Blair, featuring an assortment of leaves to be stitched in zesty spring green colours. This sampler has been designed so that each leaf is embroidered using one of 7 basic and commonly used embroidery stitches, making it a perfect practice piece for the beginner (or seasoned stitcher who simply loves to stitch). The end result is a unique botanical inspired piece of embroidered hoop art for you wall, hand crafted by your own fair hands!
* White cotton fabric with hand screen printed design (Design measures approx 6" x 6" Fabric measures approx 9.5" x 9.5")
* 6" wooden embroidery hoop
* Stitch & colour guide and instructions
* Illustrated guide on 7 embroidery stitches
* Embroidery needle
* Embroidery thread in 4 shades of green
This has been designed with beginners in mind.
Stitches include: Running Stitch, back stitch, straight stitch, seed stitch, satin stitch, stem stitch, & french knots. You can build on the basic embroidery stitches learned from this leafy sampler with the Wild Flower Sampler, which introduced 7 more stitches.
Finished size: approx 15cm (6")